We collect information from all users that use Bar Prep Buddy or visit our website. The type of information collected depends on your specific use. Cookies and analytics (such as Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel) are used on the main website and apps to assist us in identifying where users come from and how best to market Bar Prep Buddy to them (if you’ve visited our website, you may later see Bar Prep Buddy ads through social media or search engine results).
When registering an account with Bar Prep Buddy, more information is collected, including:
- Your e-mail address - this will act as your username and enable us to send you updates about Bar Prep Buddy features, important news, or even contests. We hate when other companies bother us with superfluous “newsletters” and other daily/weekly style nonsense, so we have no plans of contacting you unless we feel it is important to the value of Bar Prep Buddy, your use, or your enjoyment. Keep in mind, though, that Bar Prep Buddy is in Beta, which means there will be relatively more feature updates and notifications than when it is finalized later. That being said, we follow a “do unto others” style of contact, where we work hard to batch our e-mails so that they are as infrequent and unannoying as possible.
- Your full name - this allows us to keep track of you in our internal database, as well as personalize your Bar Prep Buddy experience.
- The name of your law school - this is a super important piece of information that helps us keep track of which schools are finding out about Bar Prep Buddy, as well as tracking how Bar Prep Buddy is utilized (so that we can better create value for you, our users).
- Your graduation date - this helps us identifying what level of content you should be studying to help prepare you for the bar exam.
- The state bar exam you are studying for - while most of our content is core knowledge that should be learned by any law student in any state for any bar exam, Bar Exam Buddy will be expanding its resources to offer state-specific rules to assist students in better preparing for their specific bar exams.
Other important things to keep in mind:
- We never rent, share, or sell your data to third parties. The sole purpose for us collecting data is to figure out either (a) how to better improve our service to you, or (b) how to better scale our company so that we can offer more value to more law students around the United States.
- If you use a credit card to subscribe to Bar Prep Buddy, we may also collect information necessary to process the transaction (such as the type of card, number, and expiration date).
- Bar Prep Buddy is based in California and, as such, you should be aware of California’s Privacy Rights. First, California law requires that we tell you how we respond to a “Do Not Track” signal. Unfortunately, there is not yet a consensus on how to properly do so. As such, keep in mind that we do not respond to a Do Not Track signal. Second, California law also requires that we tell you whether outside parties may collect personally identifiable information about your use of our website. As discussed above, we use Google Analytics and Facebook Pixel to gather statistical information about how people use our website. We do not share any information that would readily identify you, however, we have no control over what information Google or Facebook may already know about you or how they use such information. You can read more about California Privacy Laws here: https://oag.ca.gov/privacy/privacy-laws
- Minors (as defined under the laws of their jurisdiction or residence) are not permitted to use Bar Prep Buddy’s website, mobile apps, or other services. This shouldn’t be a problem, since Bar Prep Buddy exists to help adults in law school… but if there is some sort of super smart child out there that wants to use our services: sorry, champ.
- The effective date of this policy is June 1, 2019. Bar Prep Buddy reserves the right to make changes, modifications, or supplements from time to time. However, If and when it is updated, we will note the updates in this section so we are clear and transparent, because we aren’t jerks.
- If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at email@example.com.